So Saturday the 19th was Andrew’s Birthday. I have been so excited for his birthday to get here! I had planned what I was going to give him since last November and couldn’t wait to give it to him and see his face. Andrew has really been wanting a flat screen TV for a few years now but I just didn’t think we needed one because we have a perfectly good TV and they are just so expensive. Well I guess I caved because I knew how much he wanted one….but I didn’t let him know I had decided this.
I started having my work split my direct deposit into 2 accounts…our normal bank account and a new one that I didn’t let Andrew know of. I had my work take a little bit out each month and put it into the separate account and then when his birthday came, I would have enough for a TV and Andrew would never notice. My original plan was to actually buy the TV for him but then I realized I knew nothing of all the different features or what size he would want etc So I decided I was just going to give him the $$ to buy it himself. I wanted a creative way to give him the money though..just handing him the money was pretty boring in my opinion so with the help of his cousin Kami (who I work with) we came up with an awesome plan hehehe….
One of the guys at my work had bought a 42” flat screen and he let me use the box it came in. As soon as my last paycheck before Andrew’s birthday was deposited, I withdrew all the $$ and put it in an envelope which I taped to the bottom of the box. we then filled the box with packing peanuts and shredded paper until it was full. However the box wasn’t heavy enough to pass off as a TV so I got some bricks from my flower bed and put them in a box inside the TV box. I decided to give him his gift a day early because I was just so excited to give it to him and see his face and on Saturday, he had to work and then we had family parties so he wouldn’t have time to enjoy it.
So I made Andrew come in through our front door instead of the garage so he wouldn’t see the TV box in there. I told him I needed help bringing in his birthday present. Oh he was so excited and confused! He had no idea what it could be! he tried guessing the weeks leading up to this birthday and looking in all possible hiding spots in our house but I had kept it at Work….hehehe…Any way so I waited in the garage ready with the camera to get his picture as soon and he saw it:
He was so excited! He couldn’t stop smiling! I couldn’t stop smiling either…but for a different reason…I couldn’t wait to see his face when he realized this was not exactly what he thought….
Well he kept admiring the BOX….and was so happy and said it was perfect and had all the right features (it should…since a GUY had bought the TV of the box I was using lol). Well he Finally opened the box to get it out and his excitement immediately went away. He said very solemnly “Oh, I knew it was too good to be true :(”
And then his surprise when he realized there was not a TV in the box
So then he started digging….
And digging…..(hehehe all the dust particles from the paper!)
And Digging.
He found the box of bricks and then he finally found the envelope.
AAnd then he was happy again…. :D
(Sasha had to wish him Happy Birthday too)
Of course immediately after, We had to go look at TV’s. We went to a few stores, came home and did some research and then went and bought him his TV. Ironically, He ended up getting the EXACT same one as the Box I used. (LG 42” LCD TV)
I do have to admit, the TV is pretty cool! I didn’t think there was that big of a difference to a High Definition TV and a regular one but there is! The picture is so clear and defined. It almost looks Cartoon-ish when you watch because it is so clear. Andrew was so happy (and still is!) he couldn't stop smiling all day and kept saying how awesome I was (yah…I know lol) He was a little bit mad that I went over our Birthday budget but when I explained how I saved up for it, He couldn’t be mad anymore cuz he was too happy. :D I Love him so much and he deserves it. Happy 23rd Birthday Babe!
1 comment:
YAY! Hahaha, love how happy he looked. Jeremy will be glad to know that someone else agrees that his TV is the bomb! Tell Andrew happy b-day from us! :)
Post a Comment