Sunday, October 28, 2012

My Awesome Husband!

So this post is a little late but I wanted to recognize my wonderful hubby for his recent accomplishment of doing a triathlon! At the beginning of this year Andrew and his cousin Jason made it their goal to do a triathlon. They have been working so hard since January and their work paid off in September when they both successfully finished the Kokopelli Triathlon. They did the sprint distance which was a 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike ride and a 5k. The swim was in Sand Hollow Reservoir with tons of other people swimming with them which is a lot harder than swimming in a pool like they practiced. The bike course had a 6% grade hill that was about a mile long but they both did it! Also the temperature was 92 degrees that day! It was HOT for us just standing and watching! Their goal was to do it in around 2 hours and Andrew did it in 2 hours and 15 seconds! His cousin finished close behind in 2 hours, 10 minutes and 15 seconds.

Andrew was obviously really nervous to do it since this was his first one. I knew he would do just fine since I saw how hard he worked all year. However when we got to the lake and I saw how far they had to swim I got really nervous for him too! It is one thing to swim in a pool where you can stop at each end but at the lake the distance looked so far I got really scared and anxious for him. I still knew he could do it but I was still scared. While he was in the lake the rescue crew had to rescue someone. It was scary but Andrew finished just fine (and so did Jason)
 Andrew and Jason getting ready to leave

 Andrew getting ready for his swim

 Andrew's group getting ready to go. They were the orange swim caps
Andrew finishing his swim
 Finishing his Bike race
 Starting his run. His brother Anthony waited by the gate to wish him luck.

 Coming through the finish line!
Don't they look like they could go and run it again?!?

Way to go babe! I love you!

2 comments:

A. Montes said...

I agree that they don't look like they just completed a triathlon in the last pictures. I know I wouldn't look that good after doing that. Way to go Andrew! That is quite the accomplishment. So is the marathon next? (just kidding)
-Amber

Bri said...

wooo! that's awesome! :)