In August Rex turned 2! I can't believe how fast time has flown by! We had a little party with some family and 2 of Rex's buddies and I did a construction theme. It turned out great and I even did the cake! I don't have many pictures of Rex since my mom took most of them and hasn't gotten them to me yet (hint hint)
Rex's favorite new toy: his big Buzz Lightyear :) He has "graduated" from his obsession with the movie cars and now likes toy story.....although he still likes cars
The cake turned out great in my opinion. I wanted to do a chocolate cake so it looked more like dirt but Andrew doesn't really like chocolate so we did a yellow cake and put Graham cracker crumbs on top to make it look like sand.
At the end of July Andrew and I went camping and decided to invite both of our families and also our friends Travis and Heather. We had a great time and Rex loved having a friend to play with and both sets of grandparents around to dote on him.
Falan and Rex (Falan is Travis and Heather's boy) Rex was not very happy about having to share his ride with Falan.
Playing on rocks with Grandpa Smith
Relaxing with Grandma Wilkins
playing with a bubble gun with Aunt Meilin
In July, Andrew's parents went to Lagoon for a work party and invited us to come along. Rex wasn't quite sure what to think of the rides...the ones he enjoyed were the carousel and the Train around the park. We rode both multiple times.
Thankfully he liked the merry-go-round so we rode that again and again and again!
Oh yah....we buzzed his hair off!
Having fun riding the train :)
In June, Andrew's cousin Jason and his wife Brook invited us to go to a Josh Turner concert with them. Jason works for Basset furniture and they sponsor the shows at the Scera so he was able to get some great seats! We also got to meet Josh and get our pictures taken with him before the show but I haven't got those pictures from Brooke yet but I promise you I did and once I have the proof you can see! Josh Turner is my favorite country singer. In fact, I have only been to 3 concerts in my life: my very first one was a Josh Turner concert before I got married, then a Yanni concert 2 years ago and now Josh Turner again hehehe.
Me, Andrew, Brooke, and Jason waiting for the concert to start
As you can see we were only a few rows from the front! it was awesome!
For our 6th anniversary in May, we decided to revisit the Zoo with Rex. He had a blast and loved all the animals. His favorite was the polar bear and seals.
Pointing at the elephants...which are kind of hard to see in this picture
watching the seals with Dad
"Cool Mom!"
The polar bear was fun to watch! She kept swimming up to the glass and popping up. It scared a bunch of kids but Rex just thought it was cool! we sat there for a while watching her swim.
Lego polar bear statue Rex thought was cool
I thought it was funny how this giraffe had to bend down to eat something on the ground hehehe.
In April, Rex and I went to the aquarium with Heather and Falan. I had never been before and thought it was quite cool! Rex and Falan enjoyed it as well
Here are some random pictures:
Fish lips!
Being silly at lunch time
stopping to pick up the rocks
He likes to put his laundry hamper on his head
messy boy
more of the hamper on his head
hiding from mom
playing with an ant on the floor
I took Rex to the Orem City Easter hunt with my friend Lacey and her boy Kais. They had fun finding all the candy
finding eggs on Easter day
Making a fort under the table with daddy
One day I was sweeping and Rex wanted to help so the got his horse and started trying to sweep with it hehehe
Rex and Andrew's cousin Carly at the Eggett family Easter party
This is just a random cute pic from the other day
So with the huge rain storm the other week we got a river on our street that came up into our lawn. These pictures are actually taken after the water started to subside! I didn't want to go out with my camera when it was pouring. The water was actually about 3 feet higher on our sidewalk and past that first tree! Thankfully it didn't get into our house! some of our neighbors weren't so lucky unfortunately :( It was garbage day that day and we hadn't taken our cans back and they were taken halfway down the street with the water!
So we bought Rex some Cars underwear to get him excited to potty train...and Andrew taught him to put them on his head....what a goof!
And now the lunch bowl on his head
Phew! that was long! but at least it was mostly pictures :)
1 comment:
Rex's birthday cake was so cute! Nice job!
Post a Comment