Saturday, August 6, 2011

Summer Update….

So I’ve been meaning to blog for a while…I keep getting on and reading everyone else’s blogs but I’ve yet to update mine…so here’s my update…hopefully not too long.
So at the beginning of the Summer, Me and my mom went to a Yanni concert! I’ve always loved listening or playing his music on the piano and when I found out he was coming to Salt Lake, I had to go! It was great and wonderful to hear his music live! He is a great musician/composer and his music is always uplifting. He said in the concert he always tries to write songs that sound happy and positive, and he doesn’t like songs that sound sad. If you have listened to his music, that is definitely how is music is!DSCN0333                               My mom and I at the concert
DSCN0334 Yanni! (picture is not the best quality…it was dark!)
Andrew and I hiked up to the Battle Creek falls with some of his cousins in June. Sasha got to swim in the deep part of the creek and had a blast but she was scared of the waterfall hehehe.
DSCN0387
DSCN0405 
The waterfall and Brooke and Jason
DSCN0398
Sasha playing in the creek
DSCN0401
Brandon and Sierra
DSCN0402
Kayla, Alex, Andrew and I at the falls
We also went to the Strawberry Days Rodeo with Andrew’s family. It’s a tradition every year. DSCN0419DSCN0420
DSCN0422
The mamas and their colts
Over the 4th of July, we went camping with some of Andrew’s cousins up near Strawberry Reservoir. We got an awesome secluded camping site so the dogs were able to wander around and have fun. The site had an awesome view of the Reservoir but I forgot to get a picture of it! It was great to get away and go camping. I’m glad it is something Andrew and I both enjoy. Just beware…I LOVE my dog and so the next few pictures may have a lot of Sasha…
DSCN0437 
Andrew and Jason enjoying the nice cool day
DSCN0445
Sasha, Diesel and Roxy all playing
DSCN0446
And now they’re pooped…
DSCN0452
At the lake
DSCN0455
DSCN0459
Sierra and her “crazy eyes”
DSCN0463
Andrew and Katie playing horseshoes with Jason and Brandon
DSCN0464
DSCN0475
Sasha and Roxy became new best friends
In July, we got to celebrate my Grandma and Grandpa Smith’s 50th wedding anniversary. They rented a huge mansion for the whole family to stay in for the weekend and we had lots of fun playing games, going swimming, and had a nice sweet program to celebrate my grandparents.
DSCN0482
The BEAUTIFUL cake my Aunt Michelle made for my grandparents and those flowers are edible!
DSCN0486
Here are some pics of our goofy family Karaoke to love songs from the past 50 years for my grandparents. The picture above is my uncle Lyle, Andrea, Katelyn, Erin, Jana, and my Aunt Judy.
DSCN0491 Uncle Bryant, Aunt Taryn, Addison and Cameron…(the rest of their kiddos are hidden)
DSCN0494
The Michelson Family + the Burgis: Kaylie, Stacey, Nate, Eric, David, Sam, Uncle Bruce and Aunt Shauna.
DSCN0495 
Alyssa, Uncle Derek, G & G Smith, Aunt Michelle, Emmily, Lyndie (Kyla is hidden)
DSCN0496 
Aunt Kim, Lacey, Jacob, Brianna, Brendon, Uncle Stuart
And then lastly, I guess an update on me. Right now I’m at 34 weeks. I’m starting to “waddle” everywhere now heheh. I’m really “enjoying” the summer and swelling up like a balloon with the summer heat…but thankfully it hasn’t been too bad. My weight is staying right on track and the baby is sounding healthy and moving a ton! That is one thing I am going to miss once he is born. I love to feel him kick and move.
My mom and Andrew’s mom came over the other day and helped me paint the baby’s room :) it looks great. I can’t wait to get pictures up once it is all done.
32 Weeks Here I am at 32 weeks…Please ignore the messy hair and tired face…I was getting ready for bed.

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Fun times! I love Brooke and Jason!
You make a very cute pregnant momma!

Shantillylace said...

You are a cute pregnant lady! Did you guys decide on a middle name yet??

Brady and Jacquel said...

Oh, Alyse you are such a cute prego lady! You look so good! Hang in there you are so close! :)