Wednesday, May 4, 2011

20 Weeks! Half-way there and……

I’m 20 weeks preggo this week and we got to have an ultrasound to check how the baby is doing and find out what we are having We are happy to announce that we are having a baby BOY!boy announcement We really didn’t have much of a preference either way but we are happy to know what our baby is so we can start planning and buying stuff! We are also glad it is a boy because we only had 1 name that we agreed on and it was a boy’s name so we won’t have to worry about a girls name until the next time around. The name we want for our baby is Rex (Middle name still undetermined) Wilkins.

Here’s the best ultrasound picture from our appointment. Sorry it is not the best quality, its a picture of the actual picture.

0504111518 Baby Rex laying on his back. You can see his facial profile and his belly. The grey blob in his chest is his heart and if you look closely you can see the chambers.

I was going to post a pic of the baby boy “proof” but I' don’t really want that posted all over the internet to humiliate my child later in life…You’ll just have to trust me on this…or come to my house and I’ll show you the pics :) All his measurements were good and in a healthy range and his heart was beating at 154.  He was a bit fidgety and was moving in all sorts of directions from laying on his belly, to his back, to his side, to his belly again…It was cool to see him moving around in there!

Well I’m halfway done and I can’t believe how fast it has gone by! It just scares me that before I know it, my baby is going to be grown up! I’m able to feel his little kicks every day now even though they are just light “taps” or “nudges” but it is getting stronger. It’s not strong enough yet that I can feel it from the out side, I can just feel them inside me. Hopefully Andrew will be able to feel him soon :)

20 weeks 15 weeks8 weeks

Left to Right: Belly at 20 weeks, 15 weeks, and 8 weeks

My belly is slowly getting bigger-Some days I feel huge and other days It seems like I’m hardly showing. I’m pretty sure my belly changes size/shape as the baby moves cuz In that 20 week picture I look huge and I definitely don’t look that big all the time! When I’m laying down and I change positions to my side, it’s weird to feel my whole belly “plop” over and sometimes I can feel the baby “plop” inside of me too! All these pregnancy things are so awesome and cool and it is still weird to think that I have a little human growing inside me but I’m so excited to me him in a few months!

1 comment:

Nann said...

Oh... a boy what great news, and you already have a name! You are just beautiful...