Wednesday, April 13, 2011

St. Patty’s cake

So I was browsing the web for and I happened upon this and it made me so happy just looking at it that I just HAD to make it myself for St. Patrick’s Day. The 17th also happens to be my Father-in-law’s birthday so I made the cake for his birthday too…

So here is the pretty cake batter in the rainbow colors DSCN0192

  Here is the cake in the pans before it is cooked. It looked pretty cool(I was trying to do a double layer cake)

DSCN0193

After they were cooked and cooled, I tried stacking them but the top layer fell apart :( I’m pretty sure this is my first time baking a cake like this and I just don’t have the skills. But the crumbles all still look pretty :)

DSCN0196

So here is Darrel with the cake I made…only 1 layer but it still worked. Please ignore my decorating skills. I had nothing to write happy birthday with and so I bought this pre-made “frosting” that was more like clay and was a pain so my letters look pretty stupid. Little did he know what it looked like inside…

DSCN0200

SURPRISE! My Awesome Rainbow cake! Doesn’t it just make you smile? I mean it’s a freaking RAINBOW! And rainbows are just happy :)

DSCN0201

3 comments:

Kristine said...

That looks awesome!

A. Montes said...

Sweet! How do you make a cake like that? Can you send me the recipe?

Nann said...

Way cool cake... I will have to try it.