We are happy to announce that we are having a baby! Our baby will be due around September 19, 2011. We are so excited and have waited quite a while for this to happen. It was a harder road than we expected but we made it and we are so happy. We got to have our first ultrasound today and it was awesome to finally see the baby and know that it is really happening! We heard the heartbeat on Tuesday and it was beating nice and strong at 180 :)
Here are some pics from the ultrasound. He/she is about the size of a lime or plum :)
The baby from the side. You can see a little hand above his/her belly
The baby from the top. You can see the belly with the arms/hands up by his face (which you can barely see)
Thankfully I haven’t had any morning sickness, only food aversions to practically everything except sweets/carbs lol. But I eat anyway since I know the baby needs it. And I’m not “showing” yet…just getting a bit “pudgy” and clothes are getting tight although I haven’t gained any weight yet.
In keeping with family tradition, we want to do a guess-the-gender-and-other-random-things-about-the-baby-contest. Friends are welcome to participate as well. If you guess something right you get an awesome feeling and maybe a hug if you’re accessible :) So comment or email or send me a facebook email with your guess on the baby’s Gender, weight, length, and day he/she will actually be born, and hair color.
Just fyi, yes Andrew and I both have brown hair but I was born with a TON of brown hair and Andrew was born very blonde! (surprise huh?! His hair darkened over the years to his now almost black hair!)
9 comments:
I'm guessing boy (so ours can have a friend) born one day late on September 20th and 7lb 9oz and 20 inches long. I think he will be born blonde. You know what's weird? Karl was also born with blonde hair and now has very black hair too. hmm...
Congrats!!!! I am so happy for you guys! I think Girl, Sept 15, 6lbs 15oz, brown hair.
Sorry I accidently guessed the same date as the person ahead of me so I deleted it and I'm picking Sept 14th! I'm so excited for you!!! Woohooo!
Hmm, I'm guessing a girl, born on Sep 23, with blonde hair, 7lb. 2oz, and 21 inches.
Congrats!
Hummm, As the baby's grandma I am guessing a girl again since that runs in our family. Since Alyse was born a week late and still had to be induced I will guess Sept 26, 6 lb 12 oz, dark brown hair, just a skif of it.
Congrats!
Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys!!
I am so excited for you guys!!! It's so crazy how fast life changes! It was just the other day we were pulling wagons and playing pioneers!!! Ha Haa! Good Times!
Post a Comment