Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Making Noise

As I've mentioned before, Rex is a loud happy baby! He is really social and LOVES to be around people. Church is kind of difficult since he wants to talk and see EVERYONE and if we don't let him, he gets mad. So we usually end up sitting in the back or the foyer where there are less distractions. If he is sitting and playing nicely with his toys and someone new comes near him, he will immediately stop to babble at them and try to touch or reach them. There are a few other families in our ward with young kids/babies who frequently sit in the foyer with us and he loves the little kids! He gets the biggest smile on his face if some other baby or little kid seems to be paying attention to him.

As he gets older, I'm sure he will push Andrew and Me out of our comfort zones since we are both quiet and shy people....sigh. He reminds me A LOT of my brother Jourdan. He even kind of looks like him too. I remember going to the grocery store with my mom when we were really little and Jourdan would talk to every random person he met. I would be so horrified and appalled that Jourdan would talk to strangers! (gasp!)  I'm mean he didn't even know them! lol

Anyway, Rex loves to make noise. Anything that makes noise he loves. From shaking toys to banging his feet on the wall, dishwasher, oven, crib, hitting toys together, "playing" the piano and of course screaming :) Now it's not a angry scream (most of the time) it is a happy scream. And it is pretty funny to watch since he is just exploding with excitement. His hands and feet get into it too, he twirls them around while he screams-it is so cute. I got this video this morning while we were eating. When he gets tired, it does start to turn into an angry scream which you can see at the end of the video.

And then, of course, with his new found freedom of crawling, comes getting into more mischief. Here is some of the fun Rex has done lately (sorry the quality is bad, they are from my iPod)
Making a mess with the videos
 
trying to get into Sasha's Kennel

1 comment:

A. Montes said...

Wow looks like he is getting into everything. Good luck with the dvds. we ended up having to lock ours in a cupboard. I can relate to having a very social baby but I don't think Isaac is quite as loud thank goodness :)

Amber