Thursday, December 10, 2009

Andrew and his Awesome Family!!!

I have married into an awesome family and I just need to brag about them a bit! I’ve known this all along but every once-in-a-while they do stuff that just reminds me how lucky I am to have them all In my life. I’m not just talking about his brothers and parents but extended family too! From his aunts and uncles, to grandparents and cousins. I love them all and I have even made some close friendships with a few of them.

On the weekend, we spent some time with Andrew’s parents and brothers. They asked us when we were going to put up Christmas lights on our new house. We responded that we just haven’t had the time between work and school and we may or may not be able to  get them up this year. It’s not that we don’t have the Christmas spirit, we are just ridiculously busy with everything and can barely find time to breathe some days.  Well yesterday, I drove home from work and as I was coming up the street, I noticed our house had lights all over it! Liz, Darrel, Alex, and Anthony, bought lights and put them on our house for us! They didn’t just get a string of lights and threw them up on our house, NOPE! They totally went all out and bought colored icicle lights for the house, light-up candy canes for the walk-way, a Snowman, and also wrapped our fences and trees with lights as well! It looks so great!

IMG_2156  IMG_2158

IMG_2159 Well, the awesomeness doesn’t stop there, when I came home today, I discovered that Andrew had cleaned the ENTIRE house, got the laundry started AND bought me flowers for no reason except that he loves me. I love him!  Here are the flowers:

IMG_2161 Sometimes I wonder what I have done to deserve such great people in my life. I just hope that I return their love in a way they know I love and appreciate all of them.

4 comments:

Kristine said...

That is so sweet! I like having them as neighbors! Miss you guys though! Way cute!!

Shantillylace said...

cool:) guess we both got awesome "andrews!"

Barbara said...

How sweet! What a good guy! =)

Ron said...

Alyse, I love reading your posts. I'm so happy that you and Andrew are so great for each other. I agree that you picked a great family to marry into.