Tuesday, October 4, 2011

7 weeks old

I can't believe how time flies! My little baby is 7 weeks old! Although technically since he was 5 weeks early, he should only be 2 weeks old. But Rex is doing good and gaining weight. His weight yesterday was 7 lbs 3 oz. so he has gained 3 lbs 2 oz since birth! He seems so big compared to when he was born even though he is the size of an actual newborn now. He is now in newborn size diapers and some newborn clothes although he still fits into most of his preemie clothes. I love watching him sleep-he looks so peaceful and cute and frequently smiles in his sleep. I also love when he is awake. He has the cutest bright eyed little face and looks so alert and curious. He sleeps like any newborn and is up every 3-4 hours during the night.

Sasha is a cute "big sister" to Rex. Although she does get frustrated with us since we won't let her lick or get too close to him. She gets really curious and concerned when he cries or makes any noise and makes sure to let us know by nudging us (as if we don't hear him lol) a few times she has tried to give her toys to Rex so he can play with her. It's cute.
Here is Rex when he is 1 day old so you can kind of see how small he was and how much he has grown.

 
 Rex at 5 weeks

 Rex at 1 month
 Rex at 7 weeks

 Andrew is such a cute dad!
 Smiling in his sleep!

6 comments:

Kristine said...

What a cute boy! I love hearing about him!

Smith Family said...

Wow 7.3lbs. He is almost double his birth weight, that's wonderful. I agree...watching Rex doing anything is a piece of Heaven on earth.

A. Montes said...

aww he is so cute! I can't wait to meet him on Saturday. Isaac will seem like a giant lard next to him haha.

Shantillylace said...

He's so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

He is just beautiful. I love that you caught the sleep smiling on camera. He is still so very tiny. Crazy that is has taken weeks for him to get INTO newborn clothes. So glad all is well.

Smith Family said...

actually the first photo is when he was about an hour old....not one day.:)